Friday, September 1, 2006

motivation

The motivation for this blog stems from my need for anonymity, a place for me to document those thoughts and events that I don't want my acquaintances to read about, a place where I can complain about people without fearing that they may read the story.

Why didn't I just start a diary?

1) Select close friends will know about this blog, and I plan to use some aspects of posts to update them on what is going on in my life (particularly my dating life)

2) One of the main draws of blogs is the community of readers who mutually comment and keep track of each others' lives. I like that, and I can't do that with a private diary.

So what's with MINICHAMP? It's something that my ex-boyfriend called me. This is the ex-boyfriend, the love of my life, the person I thought I was going to marry, and whom I thought would propose this summer. It turned out that after 2.5 years together, during which time, neither one of our religious beliefs changed, he finally told me that he didn't think he could marry someone non-Christian. So what the hell were you thinking the past 2.5 years??

But I guess deep down, I still want to believe that I'm a minichamp ... a bit of a feisty champion (don't let my size fool you). So here I am, navigating the world of men and dating afresh since the Breakup last October. Here are the chronicles. My only regret is that I didn't start writing this blog this sooner. So many good stories gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well since of ur anonymity, i'll be anonymous too! hehe, this will replace our aim convos while i'm not online *sniff* i'll miss u...