Friday, October 13, 2006

umm ... awkward

I was out last night going around campus doing some crazy stuff with a fairly large group (RC was my partner in crime, and 4-5 others were there to help out). Around 11:30pm, we walk by a main part of campus, and we run into Irish out with some other mutual friends. I freak out initially ... what do I do? What do I say to him? Then I remember that HE's the one who hasn't called me; I haven't done anything wrong.

So I did what I usually do, go up, give him a hug, say hello. Then I called him out, "You haven't called me." He kind scrunched up his nose, wobbled his head back and forth a couple of times, and said "Yeah, I know." I didn't say anything further.

As our two groups were saying goodbye, I went up to him specifically and said just to him, "Hey, call me when you're ready." He said, "okay."

Yeah, bullshit, I thought to myself as I walked away. No way he's going to call me because he is a damn passive aggressive coward. If he really has so much disappointment bottled up, quit hiding behind emails and just tell me to my face. I know that he probably also resents RC because pretty much every time I've run into him recently, I've been with RC. I doubt that makes him feel any better seeing as how his problem with me was my lack of time for him.

RC told me the other day that he ran into Irish at lab, and everything seemed fine. They chatted, talked, had a good laugh, and I just rolled my eyes. Knowing Irish, he probably had all kinds of stuff he was thinking against RC, but he's too cowardly to ever display discontent/dislike to anyone's face.

This is so frustrating and has gotten to the point where I am just fed up. Irish needs to grow up. If he has a problem with me, he needs to tell me what the hell it is. I get the feeling that it's much bigger than what he's letting on, and I told him so in an email (to which he has not replied). I am trying to be the adult and deal with the conflict whereas he is hiding behind some weird wall. He is so afraid of confrontation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, as you prolly know. Its prolly more of an unrequited love thing, than an unrequited friendship thing. If it was friendship thing, I cant see it being so dramatic. Good Luck though.

y2 said...

i totally agree with anonymous above. i've said it many times, its quite impossible to be friends w/someone who likes you whether its an ex or an unrequited love. how he feels reflects how sensitive he is to your actions towards him. if he was your friend, he wouldn't care that much if you didn't call him and would understand that your time isn't about him. he likes to blame it on the fact that you aren't a good friend to him, but in the end, he's blaming it on the fact that you aren't making him feel special enough in your life like he wants, which is definately something more than friendship.

sorry for the late comment, but i cant' wait to see you!!