Wednesday, January 3, 2007

RC's visit

I should write in here more often so I'm not always summarizing things that have already happened, but are relevant to the topic at hand. RC came to visit me these last few days. The original motivation was that he wasn't planning on going home for the holidays because it was too far away, so I suggested, "well, if you think you'll be bored at school by yourself, you can come down south to visit me for a few days." So the tickets were bought, and he came.

Right before he came was horrible because of the parents. I was getting less and less excited about him visiting to the point that I wish he weren't visiting. I went out with Willow a few times, and my mind was distracted because I knew that Willow would be someone my parents would approve of. Up until I had to pick up RC from the airport, I dreaded having to take him home. The drive home, I pointed out some landmarks, which include two bridges we have to cross on the highway before exiting. He was so excited as we crossed the second bridge, saying things like "wow, I can't wait to get to your house! I can't wait to meet your parents!" I just worried to myself ...

When we got home, my dad was surprisingly cordial. He was very warm and friendly; even came out to meet us at the car so we didn't have to open the door to the house. We all sat down to a nice dinner, with pretty flowing conversation. I was flabbergasted. This was the same dad who just a day or two earlier was telling me that I have no heart if I keep dating RC because I know my dad would worry about me to the day he dies, and even knowing that, I'm not willing to break up with RC.

All in all, the few days RC spent here were great. We toured the city; did some touristy things, celebrated New Year's Eve with friends, had dinner with my parents. We caught a comedy show Saturday night, and I called Willow to see if he wanted to come, and he actually came out. I didn't think he would because everyone else was a friend of mine, and he would have to meet my boyfriend. But he came, and we all had a good time.

No comments: