Wednesday, May 2, 2007

redefining the DTR

Having played the dating game too much, I wait in line for the society-decided conventional signs of showing interest, just so that I can return the same signs in female form to show my own interest, and the game goes back and forth, except it's not really a game but something both sides have rehearsed numerous times.

Gchat Boy defies all convention: dating convention, social convention (well, he does the basic stuff), life convention, all convention. No surprise then, that there was no DTR--Define The Relationship--conversation between us. What surprised me more was my acceptance of this, me being the control freak that I am who must know exactly where things stand, where things are going, whether or not we're exclusive.

Without discussing any of that, we sort of just fell into a groove, and at some point, he said "my girlfriend", and that was that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to make up a different name than Gchat boy?