Thursday, December 20, 2007

Confession #3: Smut blogs

Is there a genre for them? Smut romances novels have their own genre, or even erotica. Is there a genre for smut in blog-form?

I regularly read these blogs for pleasure. Every once in a while, I go hunting for new blogs of this genre. They're not quite erotica because the stories are real (or my naivete has me believing they are real) experiences of real people who then anonymously blog about their sexpades. It turns me on and sometimes, I even imagine myself doing the same, not so much the blogging, but definitely the sexpades.

Two regular blogs I visit are Gentleman Gigolo and Confessions of a College Callgirl. Confessions has recently taken a different turn, and she doesn't write so much about her stories on the job anymore, but Gentleman is seldom disappointing. They've never shown up on my blogroll because I was always embarassed to admit that they're in my regular browsing list.

Being embarassed on an anonymous blog to people I have never met seems like such a strange concept. As much as I thought I would be unbridled when I started this blog, I guess in the end, unbridled is just not the kind of person I am. I can't even be someone else in anonymity. I guess that means I would make a pretty bad actor. As much as I tell myself to just let all inhibitions go and pour out my real thoughts on this blog, I still feel myself holding back.

So this is a first step toward no holds barred.

Reading these smut blogs gets tricky sometimes because more often than not, I'm reading these at work through my Google Reader window. It gets so frustrating because the words on the screen turn me on so much. I always end up wanting to touch myself so badly to release all of that sexual desire, yet I must control all of it and continue to sit quietly at my desk in an office full of people. It is pure torture, yet I keep inflicting it on myself.

No comments: