Thursday, December 27, 2007

I'm really laid-back and easy-going

Being home is high time for filling my daily schedule with brunches and dinners and movies and drinks with people I never see or call except for when I come home during the holidays. The things is, I just haven't felt like it this year, so I've only gotten in touch with one person, well, he got in touch with me. He has some history associated with him, namely being my high school crush for all of 9th and 10th grade. Now he's dating some girl who lives in Taiwan. They met on the internet and call each other every day. But who am I to judge?

Back on point ... we made plans to see a movie together day after Christmas (yesterday). We somewhat settled on No Country for Old Men, but since it wasn't completely finalized, I told him to just pick something playing around 9pm, and that I'd be up for pretty much anything.

So he calls me mid-afternoon, while I'm rummaging through the sales racks at Express:

High School Crush: Hey, how about Aliens and Predator?
Me: wait, are you serious?
HSC: haha, I'm just kidding.
Me: oh okay, because I was gonna veto that one
HSC: haha, I was just kidding. How about National Treasuer?
Me: err ... (silence as I try to figure out a way to get out of this)
HSC: oh wait, did you see the first one?
Me: oh no, I didn't see the first one. yeah, that's probably not a good choice. (phew!)
HSC: What about American Gangster?
Me: hmm ... yeah, I'm not really into that
HSC: okay, I guess that leaves us with No Country for Old Men then.
Me: oh, yeah, that sounds great. wait, are you sure that movie's okay with you?
HSC: yeah, no problem. I'm easy.

See how easygoing and laid-back I am? I'm floored by my own easy-to-please, go-with-the-flow nature.

No comments: