Monday, February 11, 2008

template update

I can't put into words how much I loved my old template. The problem was that nothing in the sidebar ever rendered correctly in IE, and I could not figure out how to fix it. Because I re-fell in love with the template every time I saw it again, I tried to ignore the problem, threw up a finger at IE most days and decided that I didn't have time to deal with this.

Then yesterday, I came across this template. Surprisingly, I didn't immediately want to hurl, and I even kinda liked it. Most templates these days are way too decked out in an attempt to fit in with this "social media networking" craze.

I don't want my blog taken over by ads, and likewise, I don't want a template whose main purpose is to accommodate all of those ads.

After checking that this template indeed works in IE, the decision was made to do the changeover. A few hours later ... voila!

I like the additional column ... it saves a whole bunch of scrolling to get to Labels and the Blogroll. I don't like that this look isn't as fitting for me, my personality, and my blog, but maybe I just need some time to get used to everything. I also think that it may be too busy.

Your thoughts?

1 comment:

Gabe said...

I like this template better than the other one.