Saturday, December 16, 2006

what goes around, comes around

If I don't invite people to stuff, I shouldn't get upset when they don't invite me, right? Back a month ago or so, I had to do some serious picking and choosing for my birthday party because I was paying per-head for an hour of appetizers at a club. I only wanted to pay for my friends, and not random acquaintances whom I may want at a large party, but no way I'm paying $25 for each and every one of them.

So I dwindled the list down to some 50 or so people, and many got cut. Now I look around on Facebook, and see that some of them had elaborate holidays parties, to which I wasn't invited (of course). I couldn't help feeling left out. After all, their party was at their house, and there really isn't an issue with capacity or having to pay per-head. Having 50 people there is the same as having 40. Or maybe not?

Then I thought about it, and realized that hey, I shouldn't be too upset. Firstly, would I have actually made the effort to go in the first place? And second, I didn't include them in my elaborate birthday party, so they're totally justified in also not including me.

No comments: