Friday, March 30, 2007

I should have learned by now

Yesterday was just sad. This whole thing with the TA is getting kinda silly, and I don't want a repeat of Email Boy. Most of my interactions with the TA is over google chat, so in cyber instant message form. That's silly. He doesn't even have my phone number. That's also silly. Emailing once a day everyday with Email Boy was silly, and I should have gotten the hint after the first week of his not making a move beyond sending me daily emails that he wasn't all that interested. I feel like I should be getting the hint now that the TA is not all that interested.

Except he keeps IMing me on google. All day yesterday, I just felt crappy because I felt like I had gotten myself to the point where I was willing to actually date again, and more specifically to give things with the TA a chance thinking that he was doing things to indicate he wanted to keep pursuing this. But I think I was wrong, especially because 99% of our interactions remain in instant messaging form.

My guy friend Wisconsin said that the TA ought to be asking me about my plans for the weekend, or asking for my phone number, or something. He's made no moves of that kind. In fact, it doesn't really seem like he wants anything besides a chat buddy. But then he does things like joke with me that I'm hot (over IM). I feel like he's just toying with me and leading me on.

I'm done with Email Boy look-a-likes. I feel like men in their mid-20s ought to have realized by now that they need to step it up when pursuing a girl. They ought to know how to ask a girl out if they're interested. So if the TA's not doing it, he's just not that interested. As such, I'm gonna stop thinking about this and move on. Why dangle myself in front of him desperately?

There are other fish in the pond, and I have my own life to live. (Unless he actually does step up the effort :)

No comments: