Tuesday, April 10, 2007

and it's down to 1 again

Originally, since the Brit kept asking me about snowboarding, and the Belgian kept asking me about watching a movie, I had a grand master plan to go snowboarding this past Sunday with the both of them and kill two birds with one stone and show them both that I am not interested in that way. In the end, I decided that was too much trouble, and I don't have the energy right now for scheming, so I canceled the snowboarding trip altogether and saw neither one of them and left things very platonic with the Brit.

I made some excuse about being busy for school, having to run errands, and having to make a presentation for my lab. I left a message for the Belgian saying that we were no longer going snowboarding, which was my original excuse for not being able to go see a movie. However, my message mentioned nothing about a movie as I hoped to just leave it at "no snowboarding."

Belgian called back Sunday night and asked if I was busy. I said I was busy and stressed about all that I have to do, hoping to carry further an excuse for not doing something. Except that backfired because he then said "well, in that case, I have something for you." Great. So I had to meet up with him, and he gave me a small package of chocolates.

Since then, he's called me twice, left a message once, sent me a couple of emails, all of which went unanswered. I was hoping he would get the hint, but he didn't. I got another email from him today, subject "dinner?":

Mini,

I didn't see you at salsa last night; are you very busy? I called you to see how your presentation went. Really though, I called because I would still like to invite you to dinner this weekend. If you would like to get dinner with me, let me know.

Thanks,
Belgian

I wasn't sure how to reply and decided that I need to sit down with him in person and say something along the lines of I don't want to be presumptuous, but I get the feeling you want to be more than friends, and I really just want to be friends. So I emailed back explaining why I didn't go to salsa last night (I had a ultimate game) and that I don't think I can do dinner this weekend. I also asked him if he would be free for coffee tomorrow afternoon. If he doesn't reply because he finally got the hint, then all the better. If he does reply, then I'll be upfront with him and tell him that I'm only interested in friendship.

As for the 1, Gchat Boy is it... I called RC today to tell him I started dating someone, and also to see how he's doing lately. To my surprise, he told me that he's started dating someone as well. That made me really happy; I am glad that he's doing well and seeing someone new as well. Most of all, I'm really happy that RC and I are where we are right now. I think we both care very much about each other, but we both know that we wouldn't work as a couple, so the best thing, though slightly bittersweet, is knowing that the other person is not alone and hopefully happy with someone new.

No comments: