Sunday, April 15, 2007

trying not to think too much

In an effort to not think too much about stuff, here is my list of things that I will ignore with Gchat Boy/TA:

1) He is emotionally unstable and has only dated girls who are equally emotional unstable, if not more, than him. He is amazed by my stability and wonders if he will create the same types of burdens for me that his emotionally unstable ex's created for him.

2) When I mentioned that my parents didn't like RC's whole broken back thing because they're afraid he wouldn't be able to provide for me in the long run, he thought that was silly because my parents were so absolutely ingrained in the whole concept of "till-death-do-us-part." I'm sorry if I missed something, but I would think I'd marry with the intention of not parting until death. Whether or not it actually works out that way will remain to be seen, but I would want to walk down the aisle with that intention. Does he not?

3) He shuns middle class white culture. While I, too joke that all too often, middle class America is focused on white picket fences, soccer mom vans, and 2.5 kids per household, I do hold dear to my heart the idea of a normal, mainstream family. He pretty much shies away from anything remotely resembling convention.

4) I mentioned that in past relationships, I have a tendency to think too deeply, too analytically, and too far into the future evaluating everyone's long-term potential. Having not gotten anywhere thinking that way, I said that I'm trying hard not to think too much about stuff, to which he said that he never thinks about those things. He just takes them as they come. Which makes me wonder, just what IS he looking for?

5) He wears a beard. He's worn it since freshmen year of college. It's short and well-kept, but I want to see his face.

No comments: