Wednesday, July 4, 2007

giving me the run-around

I was down in DC a couple of weekends ago for a college friend's wedding. Before I went, I sent an email to some buddies from college still in that area asking if they would be free to grab brunch either day of the weekend. I debated back and forth whether or not to include Key, and really the debate came down to whether or not I wanted to make the first contact with him since he gave me the run-around about dinner back in February/March.

In the end, since I was including both of his roommates, I didn't want it to seem like I was purposefully excluding him, so I included him on the email. Everyone replied back (to all) that they were available, yet Key wrote nothing.

So down to DC I went. He & his roommates happened to be having a housewarming party Saturday night, and his roommate invited me to come along. The next morning, all of us (Key included) went to get brunch as well. Everything seemed great. He gave me a really tight hug when he first saw me; there was no awkwardness; he even came to pick me up the next morning to drive me to the brunch location.

I took some pictures, and upon getting back to Boston, I uploaded them to Facebook. Facebook allows you to tag people in your pictures, to name them and such, so I tagged everyone who was at brunch in the picture. A day later, I noticed that Key had removed his tag, which was rather strange. You only untag a picture when you don't like the picture, and I thought it was a good picture of everybody.

So I emailed him asking why he untagged the picture. He claimed that people were making fun of his "man-boobs" (barely noticeable) in the picture, so he untagged himself. I said I thought it was a fine picture, and I tagged him again.

I just checked Facebook again and noticed that not only did he untag himself again, he no longer any tagged pictures. Strange? I think this is strange.

I think he's giving me the run-around again. Maybe he's still "uncomfortable" with whatever, and he didn't want a picture that had him and me in it. Maybe his current girlfriend would throw a hissy fit if she saw the picture. I'm insistent on continuing to tag him because I want a straight answer from him. I don't want the run-around excuse of an email saying that he doesn't like the picture. Maybe I'm being particularly insolent. Whatever, I don't care. I feel like I deserve to know the truth.

2 comments:

Pandax said...

It sounds like you gotta let him just be for awhile. The harder you try, the more he'll push back. I know it's hard because you still have this connection, but sometimes guys need more space. You've tried, he *should* remember that. But if he's not going to respond, let him come to you when he's ready.

Anonymous said...

I think it is stranger that you are tagging him when he doesn't want to be tagged. You've got great people skills.