Tuesday, July 24, 2007

something romantic

That's what I want. Despite my tomboyish teenage years, I am a sucker for romance. GB lacks the romantic gene. I bugged him about never giving me flowers ever, and he showed up to my apartment with a branch he pulled off of a bush with a cluster of flowers at the end. Cute? Definitely. Romantic? Not so much. Haha, not to mention probably un-environmentally-sound.

GB's demeanor can be summed up as quirky cute. He does things that put a smile on my face, and because I know him, I know he does them out of care. A few weeks back, I got to school much earlier than he did and toiled in lab for a couple of hours before sitting down at my desk. When I got back to my desk, there was a muffin next to my computer. Cute, right? The muffin had a bite taken out of it.

I smiled, because that's who he is. He cared to get me a muffin (which he did later admit to having stolen from some conference booth that had breakfast foods), and put his own mark on it to show his affection. He does things in his own cute quirky ways to show me that he cares.

But pretty flowers from the florist would still be nice :)

1 comment:

Otter said...

Hahaha. You know what? An ex did the same thing once. He pulled up a bunch of flowers from the flower bed outside of our campus building, and put them in a beaker!