Saturday, October 20, 2007

I should post more often

I have this problem ... I want to write, and through the course of the day, I often think of funny things or stupid things or perhaps sometimes even insightful things that would be potentially good material for a blog. When I get home though, I inevitably forget or remember and decide that it's not worth the effort to go write on the blog. So this thing sits untouched for weeks on end.

For example, today, I thought of a great many number of things that would be great to document. Except since there are such a great number of them, it wouldn't really be appropriate (nor productive) to sit here for hours on end documenting the many topics that could describe the various aspects of my life today.

Here's a snippet, I suppose:

I have a big work presentation on Monday. I should get the final slides prepared and to my boss to look over, and I should have done this sometime this weekend ... as in today. Except today is 30 minutes from being over, and I only have ~70% of my slides. I NEED to rush these slides tonight before bed so that my boss can critique them (and once again make me feel like an idiot) first thing tomorrow morning.

I am a procrastinator, in case that wasn't made clear in the above paragraph. Not only did I not work on those slides today, I played in a frisbee tournament, went to a three-act comedy show, screwed around on facebook, and now am writing a blog entry.

Three interesting things I found on facebook today:

1) A fellow blogger whom I only knew in cyber-life found me and sent me a message on facebook, which admittedly, is still a part of cyber-life ... but now I feel much more substantively connected to him because of this new facebook connection. I haven't quite decided how I feel about that.

2) I found out about two engagements through facebook relationship status updates. I'm not sure how this reflects on my level of involvement in my actual friends' lives, but I thought it a bit strange that it happened twice on the same day.

3) Speaking of relationships, this guy I screwed around with during college posted some new pictures of him attending a wedding. And there's a girl involved. At first I thought it may have been his sister ... she looked kinda like his sister. But no, their dancing body positions, their gazes into each others' eyes, the kiss on the forehead ... these all point to their not being related in the sibling way.

I shouldn't be phased. After all, we were just screwing around. But back during a low point in my life two years ago, I often daydreamed that this guy would move here to be my prince in shining armor and save me from my spiraling relationship (and probably life) depression. I also wasn't delusional. We at one point seriously talked, over IM, about where his next move would be, and he wanted to try for Big Northern City here. No, I wasn't delusional. I promise. Though one advantage of IM is that it is physical documentation that would probably hold up in court if I demanded emotional compensation now that he is dating someone and no longer remembers wanting to move here to be with me.

On the brighter side of things, my frisbee tournament went well. My team won the tournament. My presentation didn't finish itself while I was running around in the grass. Bummer.

Now I should work to finish that presentation, so I don't end up staying up all night. Except I had a couple of glasses of wine at the comedy show, and being slightly tipsy, all I can think about is having sex with my boyfriend. Or really rather any penis for that matter.

No comments: