Thursday, November 29, 2007

Burg, Part 2

I am finally finishing this Burg saga. See here for Part 1.

I wrote Burg, Part 1 when I clandestinely discovered that Burg and his Slut Asian girlfriend of about a year had just recently broken up. At that point, I thought that I had actually come to a closure regarding Burg. When I started dating Broadway back in March, who ironically is fairly food friends with Burg, I started going to things with Broadway at which Burg and Slult Asian also would be.

I actually talked to Slut Asian a few times and decided that whatever, I was over the whole thing. Thinking nonchalantly is so differently from actually being nonchalant about the whole thing. When I found out about the break up, I was shocked. All sorts of possibilities ran through my head, as if I had been pining Burg still after all that time had passed.

I even rehearsed crazy silly soap opera scenarios in my head about dumping Broadway and going after Burg, and how after both of our independent attempts at romance with other people, we would still find true ultimate love in each other. What a great love story to tell our kids if they ever ask how their mom and dad met, I thought.

I know, I was way gone on that thought.

The news of their breakup also came at a time of lows for Broadway and me, which certainly didn't help my sense of stability in my current relationship. I remember shooting off an email to Best Friend asking her what she thought as soon as I found out about the breakup. (She was there with me through all of the Burg garbage two years ago).

As usual, she reality-checked me and said that I needed to make a decision about Broadway once and for all and not because of Burg's freshly acquired bachelor status. As for Burg, I needed to just chill the F* out and stop playing out these silly fairy castle scenarios. Yeah ... Best Friend's always got a better head on her shoulders than I do. I took her advice and just let it go.

The funny thing from all of this is that I feel sorry for the Slut Asian girl. She's probably not really a slut, just one of those outspoken girls who has no problems being crass and hanging with the boys. Objectively speaking, Burg was a terrible boyfriend to her, not because he was trying to be a jerk, but just because Burg is who he is. He's such a typical guy sometimes.

The other funny thing is that Slut Asian and I mutually stalked each other for a while right after she started dating Burg. I read her blog religiously, equating her crassy words as slutty. In return, I kept seeing hits from her internship company on my public blog. I guess she was just as curious about me as I was about her.

I wonder what she thought of me? Was she pity me as the poor girl whose love she stole?

No comments: