Sunday, November 11, 2007

smile

Relationships really are so up and down. Last time, I was so down and hating the world and asking why just why am I putting up with Broadway. Are the good parts so good that they completely outweigh the bad?

Last night, I slept alone ... the first time that Broadway and I consciously slept apart in the 7 months we've dated each other. I know that's hard to believe, and I sometimes wonder why we (he) place(s) such weight on whether or not we are spending every night together.

Nevermind why I slept alone, but I felt more lonely than ever this morning ... He came over in the afternoon. He's never given me flowers before. He's just not the flowers kind of guy. Yet there he was, outside my doorway with a huge bouquet of flowers in his arms, looking at me with those big anticipatory eyes, nervous, not sure whether or not I would forgive him. Tears poured out of my eyes again, this time from joy and from love. All it took was one look at those eyes, and I knew that I had already forgiven him.

He sent me an email just now with the subject "you", with this silly little link the only line in the body of the email. It brought a smile to my face because he's right, that is me. But more than anything else, he knew me so well to see me in that cartoon immediately, and I knew him so well to know that the way (brevity) of his email meant that he he sent it with the most love there ever was in the whole world.

No comments: