Sunday, December 30, 2007

4 things that I wish Santa had brought me


Being that we're Chinese and non-religious, my family doesn't celebrate Christmas. Accordingly, there's no gift-exchange, which is just as well because I think I'm rather hard to shop for these days.

For the kind-hearted soul out there who wants to introduce me to the magic of Christmas, here are 4 things that I wish Santa had brought me:

1) Swarovski Philips Heart Beat Flash Drive - because I am a true geek girl. Broadway should take note that the key to my heart comes in 1GB increments.

2) Any number of these alarm clocks - because I need help. I was your annoying, snooze-happy college roommate, and I've gotten worse since school let out. Maybe if my bank account were in jeopardy, just maybe, I would finally get out of bed.

3) F-me-boots - because every girl needs the PERFECT pair. While at the mall the other day, I overheard a girl describe the perfect boots to her friend:

"I want a pointy toe that's not too pointy, and a high pointy heel, but not stiletto. That sounds simple, but I'm having such a hard time finding the right pair."

Amen sistah, I couldn't have put it better myself.
Signed, Bootless and Incomplete.

4) The answer to why my "Blog Archives" navigation is screwed up in IE (7.0). Being a Firefox-only user, I accidentally opened IE today and realized that all IE users see a mess of a navigation bar. After a couple of hours (!!) of CSS template changes, I have finally given up. My only hope now is Santa.

5 comments:

Annie said...

OMG - I too must have one of those flash drives!!! That is the most perfect romantic geek gift I have ever seen!!!

Annie said...

My son used to date a girl who is Filipino and her family did not celebrate Christmas either. I found myself buying her things all year round because I couldn't shower her with gifts at Christmas. I think she made out like a bandit!!! Ha Ha!!

Seine said...

haha, I would ADORE a mother who showers me with gifts all year long! What's not to love about that? :)

Seine said...

or rather ... "a mother of my significant other"

Grace said...

LOVE the 'alarm clocks' page - thanx 4 that!