Thursday, July 17, 2008

i seldom actually get angry

Until today, after this conversation:

That Guy: So what were you traveling for?
me: Oh, I went to Denver for a workshop thing
That Guy: What was the workshop for?
me: It was this healthcare and business thing
That Guy: Oh, were you there just tagging along with your boyfriend?
me: ??????

Where is the logic in his train of thought? In fact, WHAT is his train of thought? As this was a short conversation while we were lined up waiting for a pull during our ultimate game, I didn't have a chance to react strongly. Not to say I would have otherwise ... I'm not really sure how to react to something like this.

And here I thought I've never encountered sexual discrimination.

3 comments:

daisy said...

Yeah, sexual discrimination is still pretty insidious. It's not as bad as when our mothers or grandmothers were young, but every once in awhile someone will say something....so crazy that I will be taken aback. I wonder how much of it goes into hiring and isn't said outloud, you know?

Not so little Woman said...

What an idiot. It's like the people back home who ask me if my husband "is going to support me" because "teachers don't make money, you know"

Assholes

geekhiker said...

Oy. What an idiot. Rather wish you'd had the chance to slap him upside the head...