Saturday, January 29, 2011

lapses of judgement

I drunk dialed HB last night after getting home from an evening at the local microbrew with some friends. He didn't pick up. So I texted Special Friend. He didn't respond.

Feeling lonely and shitty, I drank some water and went to bed. My thinking was that once I'm asleep, time will pass much more quickly, and I won't feel like a freak standing guard by my phone waiting for someone to respond all while agonizing whether or not I acted too impulsively by dialing and texting. And am I completely desperate that I reached out to two different men?

I closed my eyes to fall asleep, secretly hoping that a return call would wake me up. Next thing I knew, it was morning. There were no new texts nor missed calls. Ugh, it was 10am on a Saturday morning and I already feel like an idiot.

And I still had a whole afternoon of seeing Broadway to look forward to.

1 comment:

GeekHiker said...

Wait, you published this on Saturday and haven't posted the update of how the afternoon went?? Tease!

On the plus side, at least your drunken text wasn't bad enough to make it on "Texts from Last Night", so that's a plus, right?