Monday, April 25, 2011

time for a jig

College Ed and I are hanging out again tomorrow night. We’ve been emailing back and forth since Sunday, after he volunteered some details regarding his weekend in Rhode Island in an email. I took that to mean he wanted to start a conversation and took things into my own hands.

I shot back a quick email with some mundane details and ended it with “Sounds like a busy week for you too. Best of luck getting everything done, and let me know if you’ll have time to hang out :)”

His response: “Hanging out would be good. I have a dinner Tuesday night until 9 but nothing afterwards… other nights are shot with random events and/or work.”

I jumped up and danced a little jig in front of my mirror.

I’ve been walking around all day today wanting to jump up and click my heels out of joy, but then I remind myself that there’s nothing concrete to click my heels over. In fact, I don’t really know where he stands on me. Interest, yes, but as much as my interest in him?

Sigh, this could actually end very very badly…

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is my favorite part of life. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

He's taking the one free sliver of time in his week and giving it over to you. Trust me, he's interested.

And, a jig? Pix - no, wait, video! - or it didn't happen!

Seine said...

But I confirmed the "date" 10 hours ago, asked a clarifying question (where to meet), and still no response from him.......

must. stop. over. analyzing.