Wednesday, January 17, 2007

annoying consultant

Remember the consultant? He never really left my life. Well, he no longer occupied the majority of my social life, or rather I no longer tried to exclude him from the rest of my social life, but he still existed in the background, sending me random IMs during the work-day, or sending me his photo album from going to Germany.

Most of the time, I just humor him and go along with it, but really if he could see through the computer screen, he would be able to see me seriously rolling my eyes.

Today, I got pretty fed up. I get to my office, open up gmail to see what new things I had to deal with for the day (I forward all of my mail to gmail, so it's in one centralized location), and this message pops up from Mr. C:

"Dude, I get to go to Prague for work. lol! too good!!"

Ugh. Where's the "hi, how are you?" or perhaps a simple "good morning" before you dive into bragging about how you get to travel for work? Instead, it was a in-your-face "look at me, i get to go to prague for work! and btw, LOL because I'm so funny and this situation is so funny and life in general is so funny that I'm laughing out loud."

This is so typical of the messages I receive from him. The only reason he sent me his photo album from Germany was because he recently bought a BMW, and he went over to Munich to pick it up and went on one of their driving packages.

He's a total show-off.

I played along this morning, telling him "oh, that's great! more miles to rack up!" because he followed up the Prague comment by saying that he would be going to Singapore the following week.

His response: "ha! the miles don't even matter anymore!"

Yeah, sure, go ahead, rub it in even more. You travel so much for work that you have a gajillion miles, and you couldn't care less about the miles anymore; you just care that you get to go to fun cities for work.

At this point, I felt like busting his bubble, so I asked him whether or not he'll actually get to SEE Prague and Singapore? Or would he be working pretty hard the whole time?

Yeah, take that, Mr. C. Don't act like I don't know how much work consulting is. You get sent to a foreign country to work, not to sightsee.

He never replied to my question. Maybe I busted his bubble a bit too much. Oh well.

No comments: