Monday, June 4, 2007

so the boy has mono

Back when GB was being whiny about about sick, and I just wanted to cry about Key, we didn't know what was wrong with him. His symptoms got better for a few days, and we thought he'd gotten over whatever weird infection he had, but he ended up getting much worse and finally went back to the doctor yesterday, and they diagnosed him with mono after a blood test.

This whole time, he's thought that it may be mono, but my question was where he would have gotten mono? I've never had mono, but he claims that sometimes people can be carriers of mono without even knowing it. That seemed really unlikely to me, but okay whatever.

I guess the good thing is that since we now know what's wrong with him, he can't go on complaining and whining about not knowing what's wrong with him. At some point, I lost my empathy and compassion for his getting sick because I couldn't stand all the whining. I wanted to tell him to just suck it up, and all he would do is mope and drag his feet and whine and act more pathetic because he can't help it; he's sick.

*sigh*

So I wonder if I'll get sick, too, because I really have never had mono. I don't believe that I would have gotten mono and not reacted to it, or have had it and chalked it up to a normal cold. If I do get sick with mono, especially now that summer's setting in, I am going to be very resentful. Yet, I know I can't get mad at him; he couldn't help it. But then who DO I get mad at? The world, for my terrible luck?

No comments: