Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm selfish and mean

I convinced Broadway to come stay at my place last night and lured him by saying I'd make him pumpkin pie, and that I would do my laundry which would give him clean underwear. He'd been out at his house, and I'd been dragging my feet about doing laundry, so he went through his last pair a couple of nights ago (I know, gross).

We got back to my place around 9, and I subsequently wasted away a couple of hours and didn't get around to the laundry until 11. Broadway had a deadline he was rushing to meet, but still helped me carry 4 loads of laundry to the building's laundry room around 11pm.

When we got back after loading the washers, I set the timer on my oven to remind me when to go downstairs to move laundry to dryers and laid down in bed to read my magazine. Having only had 4 hours of sleep the night before, I fell asleep.

Fast forward 30 minutes ... the timer's going off, and Broadway comes in to ask me why there's a timer going off. I, in my sleepy confused state, mumbled something about "what timer?", rolled over and fell back asleep.

Fast forward another hour or so, I wake up, more confused than ever and see Broadway in my bedroom doorway laying out clothes flat in a laundry basket. I ask him what he's doing, and evidently, he had gone downstairs, moved the clothes to the dryer, and now had just brought them, dried, back up to my apartment.

Through all of this, I just slept. Instead of letting me help him lay out dry clothes, he told me to go back to sleep (which I groggidly did).

I woke up this morning and thought about how I would have reacted if he had done what I did last night. I would have blown a fuse. I would have been so furious, crying about the unfairness of the situation. I would have run to my computer to document just how wronged I'd been by Broadway. I would have yelled at him until he apologized, and then rubbed it in some more about how badly he treats me sometimes.

Broadway said nothing last night. He just quietly finished all of my laundry while I slept soundedly. He finally made it to bed at 7am this morning when he finished his assignment.

I can really be so selfish sometimes.

No comments: