Friday, December 7, 2007

things that annoyed me today

1) Someone at Whole Foods stole my gloves. Who the f- does that?? At Whole Foods no less?? Aren't these all supposed to be middle-aged, upper-middle-class-income wives? I left my gloves in my cart, parked in an aisle as I ran around to other aisles to gather things I needed. When I came back to my cart, my gloves were gone. The gloves weren't expensive, but they fit me well. It's just so frustrating that I have to deal with this right now, and that someone would actually steal MY GLOVES.

2) Piercing techno music at a wannabe trendy lounge that just gave me a headache instead. A former colleague was in town tonight and wanted to get together with a couple of us for drinks. My voice was hoarse from trying to hold a conversation over the high-decibel music, and multiple people at multiple times held their hands to their ears with WTF looks on their face directed in the general direction of the DJ. He was bobbing his head, completely oblivious. When did techno come back in style anyway that a mainstream trendy lounge would play it exclusively on a Thursday night?

3) My new, exciting flats pinch my toes, and I can just feel the blisters welling up on my heel, not to mention that they arethe tiniest bit too small. I bought these a couple of nights ago as the perfect flats that I've been searching for. They're cute. They don't have bows on them. They're white (a rather bold color for me). Best of all, they're dressy enough for going out, but plain enough to still wear to work without seeming over the top. I knew something was wrong within 5 minutes of walking in them, but I still kept them on for half a day, in pure denial that my *perfect* flats are in fact, unwearable.

On a happier note, I am pretty set on the decision to take some time off next summer and maybe part of fall. I've been brewing over a possibility that throws all my previous hesitations out the window because I am so excited about it. It would mean a farther distance, and potentially a longer time, away from Broadway, but it's all workable and within reason.

No comments: