Wednesday, May 4, 2011

crash & burn

We hung out last night: dinner, ice cream. As we were sitting in a street-corner park eating our ice cream, a group of people started an impromptu foursquare game nearby. So we joined in for a while.

At the end of the night, he hugged me goodbye. I leaned in for the kiss, but he turned so I got cheek instead.

"I don't want you to get sick! It's not worth it."

This one really did feel like an excuse. I don't know what happened. I thought we had a good time.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I think the biggest lesson I've learned lately is that sometimes things take time. Be patient, grasshopper.

(I'll need to remind myself this in a few hours!)

Unknown said...

Last post you said he was sick...so maybe...just maybe...he was...and really didnt want you to get sick as well...remain positive..

Anonymous said...

My advice to women is to, as a general rule, always take guys at face value. We aren't, generally-speaking, prone to saying something that has multiple underlying meanings. If he was sick, then he probably genuinely didn't want to get whatever he had. Until other signs show up, I would say just to take him at his word. If he seemed like he was having a good time, and enjoying your company, that says so much more.